Sharpen your skills and connect with your peers!
Get involved in your professional association
Volunteering offers incredible opportunities – forging relations with like-minded professionals, connecting with the CSAE community, developing new skills, honing existing skills – the list is lengthy. And these opportunities are all available at the Trillium Chapter.
Winner of numerous CSAE Chapter of the Year awards, the Trillium Chapter proudly carries the responsibility of being the “face” of CSAE in our region. And it is through the contribution of our volunteers that we can offer our high-quality educational sessions, e-magazine, holiday season dinners, and new member orientation – to name a few.
Each program year, the Chapter engages the participation and support of our volunteers in the planning and delivery of programs and services. The benefit of sharing some of your time with Trillium Chapter can be for any number of reasons:
- Enhance your professional and business skills
- Develop your business contacts and relationships
- Help influence the direction of the Chapter
- Raise your personal and professional profile
- Raise the profile of your association or business
- Help advocate for the non-profit sector
Whatever the reason, you are guaranteed to get more from your CSAE membership by getting involved in any of the committees listed below.
- Communications (Website, FORUM e-newsmagazine)
- Program/Education (Professional Development Exchange Events – PDX)
- Special Events (Winter Summit, Summer Summit, AGM/Awards Recognition Dinner, Holiday Season Dinner)
- Membership (Member retention, volunteer recruitment, volunteer awards and scholarship programs)
- Government Relations
An overview of each committee’s role can be accessed through the Trillium Chapter Volunteer Guide. The time commitment for each committee varies but averages 2 – 4 hours per month. To ensure continuity, committee volunteers are asked to commit for the entire year.
Your involvement need not be limited to committee work. We have micro-volunteering opportunities as well. Perhaps there is a task/project which you would like to undertake. Assessing presenters for Special Events? Writing articles for the e-magazine? Buddying up with a new member at PDX events and perhaps learning from them as well? Indicate your interests on the Call for Volunteers form and someone will contact you.