On Thursday, October 11, 2018, the CSAE Trillium Network will hold its Annual General Update. At that meeting, the Nominating Committee will report to the members the Council Directors that have been acclaimed or elected as well as the Officers for the coming year.
The 2018 Nominating Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Valerie Browne, CAE, Immediate Past President (Committee Chair), College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- Steve Carroll, CAE, The Portage Group
- Saskia Martini-wong, CAE, NFP Performance Improvement Corp.
- Carol Ann Burrell, CAE, Association Executive
To facilitate the preparation of the slate and to ensure that the process is open to all members, the Nominating Committee is now issuing a Call for Nominations from the members of CSAE Trillium Network.
CSAE Trillium’s governance model is volunteer driven and a strong Network Council helps to ensure the consistent, high quality programs and services that CSAE members have come to expect from CSAE Trillium. CSAE Trillium Council is comprised of up to thirteen Members, of which three shall be Business Members.
As a member of the CSAE Trillium Council, you will direct and support the Council and its activities through the following:
- Develop and monitor the strategic plan, which is harmonized with the CSAE National strategic plan
- Actively participate in at least one committee of the Network
- Support and participate in Council development
- Fulfill customary Council fiduciary responsibilities, including approval of the annual budget and monitoring financial status
- Oversee the work of the CSAE Trillium Executive Director
This year, the Council is seeking individuals with knowledge, experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Program Development & Event Management
- Volunteer Management
- Membership Retention & Recognition
- Marketing & Social Media
- Young Professionals’ Engagement
As well, the Nominating Committee is looking to add at least one young professional to the CSAE Trillium Council.
CSAE Trillium Council members must demonstrate a willingness to contribute time, talent, and leadership skills to the Council. Candidates with CSAE Trillium Network volunteer experience are highly encouraged to submit.
CSAE Trillium Network Council members must be available to attend a minimum of six Council meetings per year and to take on a leadership role with one of a number of standing committees. It is imperative that nominees have the support of their employers to fulfill these volunteer duties.
This invitation is extended to both Executive Members and Business Members. Anyone interested in sitting on the CSAE Trillium Council for the next two-year term, beginning at the Annual General Meeting on October 11, 2018 is asked to complete the nomination form and include a Curriculum Vitae.
Benefits of participation on the CSAE Trillium Council are numerous:
- Meet many colleagues in the association sector
- Demonstrate your leadership skills
- Further develop individual leadership potential
- Increase your confidence in speaking in front of large groups
- Facilitate and chair meetings
- Gain a better understanding of governance issues
Previous Council Members share that their experience on the Council has greatly contributed to personal growth and professional development.
This is truly a chance to make a contribution to your professional association, to be challenged, and to develop and share your professional knowledge and expertise.
Please submit your Nomination Form along with your CV no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, on Monday, July 16, 2018 to:
The Nominating Committee
CSAE Trillium Council
E-mail: [email protected]
All nominations will be held in the strictest of confidence. The Nominating Committee will review all submissions and prepare a slate for approval of the Council and for presentation to the members. All individuals who submit a nomination form will be advised of the Committee’s decision. If you have any questions regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Trillium Council, please do not hesitate to contact the Chair of the Nominating Committee by phone at (416) 489-2626 or via email at [email protected]cmto.com
The deadline to submit a nomination is Monday, July 16, 2018 no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
CANADIAN SOCIETY OF ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVES
Valerie Browne, CAE
Chair, Nominating Committee & Immediate Past President