A PDX Workshop for Small(ish) Associations
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
8:00 am: Breakfast 9:00 am -1:00 pm: Workshop and box lunch
Location: Radisson Admiral Hotel – Toronto Harbourfront
249 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2N5
Early Bird Registration Deadline: May 7, 2019
Panel moderated by Meredith Low, Principal, Meredith Low Consulting
When you’re small, you run the risk of being – and feeling – inefficient, because you just don’t have scale and yet still face increasingly complex demands on your organization. Finding time to be strategic and innovative can seem next to impossible when you’re focused on just keeping the wheels in motion. Attend this session to learn how some of your peers have risen to the occasion to operate effectively and strategically.
Areas of exploration will explore:
- Picking your strategic areas of focus – and the importance of saying no
- Where can you be just “good enough” – to free up resources elsewhere?
- How do you design an organization that’s efficient and responsive?
Navigating HR Challenges Within a Small Association
It has become challenging for employers across all industries to stay current with the many changes that have occurred recently in HR law. A lack of effectiveness in managing HR issues can result in unnecessary cost and reputational issues. Small associations are particularly impacted as they often don’t have access to legal or HR resources to support them, and because of their size HR-related issues can significantly derail organizational objectives. This session will assist small associations by identifying key areas of focus, exploring how to minimize risks and determining strategies to streamline HR practices. Topics covered will include:
- Key areas of HR law compliance to focus on to manage employment-related risks
- The importance and benefits of effectively communicating expectations, obligations and entitlements through agreements and policies
- The difference between hiring a contractor vs. contracting staff
- The importance of “fit” in your workplace culture, and considerations when dealing with workplace issues in a small staff
Small Associations Producing Big Results
Presented by: Erin Roberts, Partner, Zzeem
8:00 am – Breakfast
9:00 am – Workshop begins
1:00 pm – Workshop ends with a box lunch to take home
Registration: Before May 7, 2019
CSAE Member – $110
Non-CSAE Member – $150
Registration: After May 7, 2019
CSAE Member – $145
Non-CSAE Member – $185
AV Canada Inc.
BMO Institute for Learning
Niagara Falls Business Events