A PDX Workshop for Small(ish) Associations
May 19, 2020
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Due to the current pandemic, this event will be held virtually
Early Bird Registration Deadline: April 24, 2020
Small associations face unique challenges, and due to their size and structure they cannot always incorporate the same solutions as their larger counterparts. Executives in small associations often feel they are a Jack or Jill of all trades, master of none because the expectation bar is set high, but there are often not enough resources to fulfill complex demands.
Perspectives will include a combination of executives from successful small associations and experts in strategy, governance, compliance and technology.
The sessions at this workshop have been specifically tailored with the small association in mind. If you work for an association with limited human resources, and a small budget – then this is the workshop for you!
We will examine the following areas:
- Setting the Strategic Direction – How do you make difficult strategic choices and when can you say no?
- Governance – what is the right line between governance and operations in a small association?
- Delivering Member Value – how do you deliver the association basics of education, advocacy, government affairs, and can you do it all?
- Compliance – for 1 or 100 compliance is the same. How do small associations manage red tape and the compliance burden?
- Membership – How do you sustain and cultivate your membership to achieve long term goals?
- Organizational Infrastructure – how can we create efficiency and what are associations doing about virtual office strategies?
Registration: Before April 24, 2020
CSAE Member – $85
Non-CSAE Member – $110
Registration: After April 24, 2020
CSAE Member – $102
Non-CSAE Member – $132
AV Canada Inc.
BMO Institute for Learning
Meetings + Conventions Calgary
Niagara Falls Business Events